2006/10/09

[葵]A1——Ally kerr的采访

Tell something about yourself.My name is Ally and it's short for Alistair; quite a Scottish name I think.

What made you do the thing you do today?If you mean music then I think it was just a need to express myself . I've always had a need to get creative otherwise I find that my mind will worry about everything. So, doing creative things was always my way of keeping happy and I kind of drifted into learning to play the guitar after initially being more interested in writing fiction and comedy. Sometimes I'm not so good at talking or saying what I really feel, but with music I think I am more able to do that.

What is your most pleasant moment?Oh, that's a tough question! I have had many pleasant moments. Musically though the most pleasant moment was playing in Japan last year. It felt so great to take songs I'd written in my bedroom to a far away place. It was a really great series of moments and I felt so pleased and touched that people made the effort to come along.

What makes you sad?Too many things. I'm too sensitive so I tend to get sad easily. But I'm also good at staying positive, most of the time.

What's your dream as a child?I wanted to be one of the Dukes of Hazzard. I realise you won't know what that is but let me explain. It was an American television show and featured two brothers racing around in the countryside in a fast car. I wanted to do that when I got older! I also loved space and I wanted to travel to the moon. I had books on astronomy and I got a telescope that I put on my bedroom window and I'd look out at the sky. So, either one of the Dukes of Hazzard or a spaceman. Or maybe a footballer; I was crazy about playing football when I was a kid. I don't enjoy it now though.

Your dream now?To have peace of mind, to have my health and for people close to me to have their health. To be able to keep making music and to stop worrying.

What or who inspires you most?People making great art is inspiring to me. People who do what they believe irrespective of what other people think. I find the American band the Flaming Lips incredibly inspiring. They've been doing their thing for over 20 years, sticking to what they believe in.

What would you not want to live without?Love.

What kind of music do you enjoy?Many types. When I grew up I was surrounded by jazz music coz my dad is a huge fan and recently I've been DJ'ing some jazz music here. So, yesterday when I was doing that I was listening to loads of great records by people like Ben Webster, Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong, Frank Sinatra. But today I was listening to the new Grandaddy album and I'll probably listen to the new Belle and Sebastian album if I go walking later coz it's great for listening to around Glasgow just as the light changes in the long spring evenings. I love melody though, I think that's the most important part of music for me. Melody and feeling is what I need most in music.

What's your favorite film?Oh, these are tough questions! I was going to say Cinema Paridiso but then I thought it must be a Woody Allen film, like Annie Hall or Broadway Danny Rose. There are some films that really made an impact on me at some point, maybe coz of the time in my life and what was happening to me. So, One Flew Over The Cookoo's Nest is in that category, so is The Deer Hunter, Midnight Cowby, The Graduate, The Big Lebowski, Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind. Agg, too many. It really depends on my mood.

And your favorite book?I used to read manically as a kid but I fell into bad ways and became a lazy reader later on, though I do still enjoy reading when I can sit still for long enough. It might sound silly, but the book that's made the biggest impact on me was The Magic Faraway Tree by the childen's author Enid Blyton. It fuelled my imagination more than anything as I was growing up. I'm currently reading The Outsider by Albert Camus and most recently I bought a book by the Japanese author Murakami that I'll maybe start reading on the plane over to Japan to get me in the mood!

And your favorite painting?I'm not sure I have a favourite painting. I have one in my flat, can that be my favourite? It's of New York and is a cover of the New Yorker magazine. It looks great. I love New York city.

And your favorite person?Impossible question.

Do you believe in love at first sight?I believe in lust at first sight, absolutely. But love? No. It takes time to grow and blossom.

What's your favorite place in the world? I'd like to be on a beach in the South China sea with someone special. That would be my favourite place in the world right now.

What does Scotland mean to you,what are your likes and dislikes about Scotland?Scotland means home to me. I like that there's space here, that it's small enough that you can breathe, I like the music scene here, I like the humour and wit of the people. I don't like the rain though.
◎简单介绍一下你自己吧。我的名字是Ally,这是Alistair的简称。我认为是很苏格兰的名字。

◎是什么让你从事今天的职业?如果你是指音乐创作,我认为那是表达自我的一种需要。我总是有种变得有创造性的需求,否则我会发现自己的心灵将处于焦虑中。所以创作是我保持开心的方式。经历了最初对于写小说和喜剧的热情后,我不知不觉的喜欢上了学习吉他弹奏。有些时候我并不擅长用语言或者说出我真正的感受,但是用音乐我能够做到这一点。

◎什么时候你最快乐?噢,这是个难题!我有很多快乐的时刻,在音乐上来说,去年去日本的演奏应该是最快乐的时刻了。将自己在卧室中创作的歌曲带到一个遥远的地方,这种感觉很棒。这是一个很了不起的时刻,我感到快乐和感动,因为努力有了成果。

◎什么令你伤心?很多事情。过于敏感令我很容易感到悲伤。但是,大部分时候,我都很擅长保持积极的态度。

◎小时候的梦想是什么?我想成为《正义前锋》的一员。我想你不知道这是什么,我解释一下。这是一个美国的电视剧,说的是两兄弟在乡间赛车的故事。我希望等我长大的时候也能够这样。我也很向往太空和到月球旅行。我有一些天文学的书籍和望远镜,把它放在卧室的窗边观察天空。所以,或者是《正义前锋》的一员,或者是宇航员,也可能是足球运动员(我小时候,玩起足球来是很疯的——虽然现在并不喜欢了。)

◎你现在的梦想?心灵平静,自己以及我身边的人都健康。继续做音乐,不再瞎操心。

◎什么或者谁给你更多的灵感?创作出了不起的艺术作品的人,和有自己想法不在乎别人怎么看的人。我认为美国的烈焰红唇乐队就是这样很棒的一个典型。20年来,他们一直做着自己的东西,坚守着自己的信念。

◎生活中不能缺少什么?爱。

◎喜欢什么类型的音乐?很多。在我成长过程中受爵士乐熏陶比较多,因为我爸超级喜欢。我最近在做爵士乐的DJ。所以昨天我干活的时候听了大量诸如班·威伯斯特, 艾灵顿公爵, 路易斯·阿姆斯壮,弗兰克·辛纳屈的作品。但是今天我听的是老阿公乐团的新专辑;如果回家晚的话就听Belle&Sebastian的专辑——因为它的气氛非常适光影变幻无常的春天的夜晚。我热爱旋律,我认为它是音乐中最重要的部分。韵律和感情是我的音乐中最需要的。

◎喜欢什么电影?噢,又是一个难题!我首先推荐《天堂电影院》,但伍迪·艾伦的影片也很值得一看。像安妮·霍尔或者百老汇丹尼玫瑰。有一些电影在某些方面影响了我,也许是因为生命中的那段时间和当时发生在我身上的一些事情。《飞越疯人院》、《猎鹿人》、《午夜牛郎》、《毕业生》、《谋杀绿脚趾》、《美丽心灵的永恒光辉》都属于这类。太多了,这真的要视心情而定。

◎喜欢看什么书?小时候读的书五花八门,但是我之后就养成坏习惯,成了懒人一个。尽管我一直很喜欢阅读,但实在没耐心塌实地坐下来。听起来也许很傻,但对我影响最深远的却是Enid Blyton写的儿童书《The Magic Faraway Tree》(无中译本)。它极大的激发了我的想象力。目前在读阿尔伯特·卡缪的《异乡人》,近日又买了本日本作家村上的书。看心情如何吧,也许会在去日本的飞机上开始读它。

◎喜欢的画作?我不太确定我有喜欢的画作。我住的公寓里倒是里有一幅,也许算是最喜欢的?是《纽约客》杂志的封面。看起来很不错。我喜欢纽约。

◎喜欢的人?不方便回答。

◎相信一见钟情吗?我倒是相信一夜情。至于爱嘛,不信。爱是需要时间去培育才会开花结果。

◎在这个世界上你最喜欢什么地方?现在来说的话是“和特别的人去南中国海的海边”。

◎苏格兰对你来说意味着什么?喜欢和不喜欢的地方?苏格兰是我的家。我喜欢它的空间,小到恰好足够你呼吸。我喜欢这里的音乐氛围,我喜欢这里人们的幽默和智慧。但我不喜欢这里总是下雨。

没有评论: